Planning a destination wedding can be stressful…
But it doesn’t have to be!
Wyndham Alltra is 1 of many resorts that offer all-inclusive wedding packages.
And lucky for you, our wedding planners cover it all in this post. 🙌
You’ll get packages, prices, room types, entertainment options & more!
Ready to find out if Wyndham Alltra is the right resort for your wedding?
Read on for our honest review!
Wyndham Alltra Playa Del Carmen Wedding Review
1. Hotel Overview
★★★★ | ADULTS-ONLY | ALL-INCLUSIVE | PLAYA DEL CARMEN
Wyndham Alltra is an adults-only oasis that might be the perfect setting for your wedding day.
This resort is lovely, like a little oasis in the middle of the city, nestled along the shores of Playa Del Carmen.
It features spacious accommodations, world-class dining, and endless activities to keep you & your guests entertained.
Plus, with a variety of affordable room and wedding packages to choose from, they make it easy to customize your big day exactly the way you’ve always dreamed!
2. Wedding Packages
Wyndham Alltra offers 4 all-inclusive wedding packages to choose from…
1. Just For The Two of You
This package includes…
- Symbolic marriage ceremony & certificate by a bilingual secular officiant
- Bridal bouquet & groom boutonniere
- Sparkling wine toast after the ceremony
- Signature wedding cake
- On-site services of a professional wedding specialist
And if you book a 7-night stay in a Premium Junior Suite (or higher) room category, this package is free!
To qualify, you need to request it at least 6 months before your wedding date.
2. Intimate Elegance
This package is perfect for small weddings of up to 10 guests.
It includes all the same perks as the other one, plus a beachfront couples massage & romantic dinner for 2
It’s also free with minimum room nights booked!
To qualify, you must book at least 25 room nights (3-night min. per room) 6 months in advance.
3. Lavish & Opulent
For weddings of up to 20 guests, this package has everything you need.
- Ceremony & reception location
- Cocktail hour
- Fully private wedding reception w/ 3-course meal
- Natural floral centrepiece
- Personalized menu cards
- Beachfront couples massage & more!
4. Luxury Package
If you’re planning on having a bigger wedding, the luxury package is perfect.
- Professional services of an onsite wedding specialist
- Guaranteed complimentary couple’s suite upgrade
- 50-minute couple massage (by appointment at the spa)
- Special decoration of the couple’s suite
- Pressing of the couple’s wedding attire
- Hairstyling, makeup and/or grooming for the couple in resort spa
- Regular manicure & pedicure for the couple in resort spa by appointment
- Luxury bouquets and/or boutonnieres for the couple
- Decorated oceanfront gazebo or beach location with a natural luxury floral centerpiece on the altar
- Special aisle runner, table with white linen and classic tiffany or folding chairs with white ribbons
- Symbolic marriage certificate and ceremony performed by a bilingual secular officiant
- Sound system for the ceremony
- Solo musician for ceremony (harpist, violinist, saxophonist or guitarist)
- Professional photographer during the ceremony including 24 color photos
- Video services during the ceremony including a DVD
- Cocktail hour with appetizers & open bar (1 hour)
- Private wedding reception (3hrs – 4-course menu)
- Live Mexican Trio (45 min. set)
- Wedding cake
- Turndown service evening of the wedding for the newlyweds
- “Honeymoon” breakfast
- 10% Discount on spa services for the wedding guests
- Romantic oceanfront dinner for the couple
- 1 complimentary night for the couple when celebrating their anniversary
- Late check-out for the couple up to 6:00 p.m.
3. Ceremony & Reception Venues
The resort has 5 ceremony & reception venues for your big day.
1. Oceanfront Wedding Gazebo
Located on the beach, this romantic gazebo can hold up to 60 guests for a ceremony, reception, or cocktail hour.
2. North Beach
If you’re looking for a more private setting, North Beach is the perfect spot.
It can accommodate up to 70 guests for a ceremony or reception.
3. Sky Terrace Jacuzzi
You can host up to 30 guests for a private cocktail reception on this rooftop terrace!
It offers stunning views & an oversized hot tub for your guests to lounge in.
4. The Ballroom
The Ballroom is the largest venue at the resort & features a dance floor & other amenities.
It can accommodate up to 70 guests for a ceremony, reception, or cocktail hour.
4. Gay Weddings
Wyndham Alltra is a gay-friendly resort!
They offer all the same services & packages to same-sex couples.
Couples normally choose to have a symbolic ceremony in Mexico…
It saves you the hassle of dealing with legal paperwork in a foreign country!
If you’re looking to get legally married in Mexico, don’t worry.
You can make it happen with some extra planning.
If you need any tips, feel free to reach out to us & we’ll be happy to help!
5. Room Types
The resort has a variety of room types to choose from!
Prices start at $181/night.
All suites come with:
- Mini-Bar Restocked Daily
- Flat Screen TV
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Alarm Clock
And the resort allows up to 4 guests per room!
Room types include:
- Junior Suite
- Junior Suite Ocean View
- Oceanfront Junior Suite
- Beachfront Walk-Out Junior Suite
- Master 1-Bedroom Suite Oceanfront
- Premium Master 1-Bedroom Suite Oceanfront
Wyndham Alltra has a beautiful private beach that’s perfect for your wedding day.
It’s also great for hosting your cocktail hour or reception!
7. Food & Drink
The resort has a variety of food & drink options to choose from!
There are 6 restaurants, including…
- Off The Hook | Sushi Bar
- Zarape | Mexican
- Bella | Italian
- Brasas | Mexican Grill
- Ventanas | International
- La Pizzeria | Pizza
There are also 3 bars & 1 coffee-house onsite.
- Las Olas Bar | Beachside
- Kaa Bar & Lounge | Lobby
- Agave Bar | Beachfront
- Cafe Mexico
So you’ll never go hungry or thirsty at this resort!
8. Activities & Entertainment
You won’t have to worry about you or your wedding guests having nothing to do here.
The Wyndham Alltra offers a variety of activities & group entertainment options!
- Aqua aerobics
- Rooftop hot tub
- Fitness center
- Evening entertainment
- Aura Spa & more!
9. What Brides & Grooms Said...
“I don’t even know where to begin. First of all, all the staff is amazing. Sergio and Nolberto (entertainment) were incredible. They remembered everything. They both called me “The Bride” for the whole week, I requested songs and they remembered which ones I wanted, just so nice.
Julio, he’s a bellman, he went up to Bella and walked my father-in-law back to the hotel. I can’t say enough about the staff. So friendly and attentive. They made sure everything is right.
The food was so good, 24 hr room service, the decorated our room for 2 nights AFTER the wedding. I can’t wait to go back for our anniversary next year.” – Lainey B.
“Spending few days with friends and family to celebrate our wedding. Hotel just reopened and had a very safe safety protocol. Staff is extremely helpful. Animation is awesome with Sergio, Andres, Paty and Raul. Highly recommend.” – Jonathon F.
10. Why We Like It
Wyndham Alltra is a great resort for small to medium-sized weddings.
We love that it offers a variety of wedding venues & room types.
Plus, it’s very affordable compared to other resorts in the area!
There are also a ton of food & drink options onsite, as well as activities & entertainment options because it’s just a short walk to 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen.
But it does have its Cons…
Erosion caused their beach to practically disappear. However, walk on the beach 2-5 minutes in either direction and you’re looking at a beautiful stretch.
It’s centrally located to where the seaweed accumulates. If the seaweed is bad that season expect it to be worse at the Wyndham Alltra PDC. So, it may not be the resort if you’re looking for a gorgeous beach venue.
Since it’s a smaller resort, you only have 1 pool. It’s not as expansive as other resorts BUT that may be a good thing. All depends on what you’re looking for.
Need Help Planning?
Have more questions?
Not sure if Wyndham Alltra is the right resort for your wedding?
We can help find some options!
Our experienced wedding planners have helped 100s of couples plan their destination weddings here in Mexico.
We know all the ins & outs and can get you the best deals & discounts.
Just give us a call at 877-737-0177
Or send us an email at co[email protected]
Let’s start planning your dream day today!