Are you looking for the perfect destination to say “I do?”
If so, Azul Beach Resort may be just the place for you…
And our wedding planners are here with all the insider info you need!
You’ll get everything from ceremony venues to prices, group activities & more.
Ready to see if Azul Beach Resort is the wedding venue of your dreams?
Azul Beach Resort Wedding Review
1. Hotel Overview
★★★★ | FAMILY-FRIENDLY | ALL-INCLUSIVE | PLAYA DEL CARMEN
Azul Beach Resort is an all-ages, all-inclusive luxury getaway for couples, families & friends.
Their suites come decked out with private balconies & stunning ocean views…
And you’ll get to indulge in gourmet dining with 8 restaurants & 8 bars on-site!
You won’t have to worry about your guests getting bored here…
With 6 lagoon pools, a 24-hour health club, and a variety of entertainment options, you’ll always have something to do!
2. Wedding Packages
Azul Beach Resort offers a total of 8 wedding packages to choose from.
Prices range from $950 – $18,799.
Some of their offers include:
- Surprise Marriage Proposal Package ($799)
- Vow Renewal Celebration ($499)
- South Asian Gourmet Wedding Experience ($18,799).
But for the sake of keeping things short & sweet, we’ll go over their most popular package…
Memorable Moments Signature Wedding
This package is perfect for intimate weddings of up to 24 people.
- Altar decor
- Aisle runner
- Designer floral arrangements
- Bridal bouquet & groom’s boutonniere
- 24 chairs with stunning chair covers
- Romantic ceremony location
- Non-denominational minister or judge
- Witnesses if needed
- Wedding certificate
- Translation of ceremony
- Filing of documents
- Sound system w/ speakers & microphone
- Signature welcome drink
- Personalized wedding program on signature stationery
- Semi-private dinner in an international restaurant
- Personalized menu card
- Expert signature wedding design team
- Wedding guest concierge
- Personal onsite wedding attendant (day of – 3 hours)
- Wedding website
- Honeymoon gift registry
- Groom’s room with gourmet bites on wedding day
With this package, you’ll also get their Gourmet Couples Honeymoon Package.
- Private 4-course candlelit dinner on the beach
- Chilled bottle of sparkling wine delivered to your room, upon arrival
- 15% discount on spa services
- Romantically decorated suite with roses
- Chef’s special gourmet honeymoon breakfast in bed
- Fresh tropical floral arrangement in room
- 2 for 1 beachfront sky massage
- 1-night stay voucher for your anniversary
3. Ceremony & Reception Venues
Azul Beach Resort has no shortage of beautiful venues for your wedding.
There are 13 different locations onsite for you to choose from!
Here’s a sneak peek of some of their most popular ceremony & reception venues…
1. Zocalo Beach
With stunning ocean views, this is a popular choice for couples getting married at Azul Beach Resort.
You can host up to 100 guests here.
2. Sky Terrace
This stunning terrace overlooks the sea & is surrounded by lush greenery.
Maximum capacity: 100 guests.
3. Zavas Plaza
This gazebo is perfect for an outdoor reception & can accommodate up to 100 people.
4. Gay Weddings
Azul Beach Resort is a proud supporter of the LGBTQ+ community!
They welcome all couples with open arms with all the same services to offer.
Most couples choose to have a symbolic ceremony in Mexico.
It makes all the legal paperwork easier if you’re not from Mexico.
But if you’re looking to have a legal ceremony, it’s still possible.
It just takes a little extra planning…
So if you need a hand, our expert planners are just a message away!
5. Room Types
Azul Beach Resort has a variety of room types available for your stay.
Prices start at $370 per night.
You can choose from:
- Luxury Ocean View Suites
- Junior Suites
- Premium Suites
- Swim-Up Suites
- Royal Suites
- Honeymoon Oceanfront Suite (our fav for couples getting married!)
- Connecting Luxury Suites
- Presidential Suites
- Oceanview Studios
- Walkout Suites
And each room is equipped with the following:
- Bathrobes & slippers
- iPod docking station & alarm clock
- Coffee maker
- Mini-bar (restocked daily)
- 24-hour room service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Safety deposit box & more!
If you want the most luxury, book a stay in their Presidential or Honeymoon Suites!
You won’t regret it.
The beach at this resort is absolutely gorgeous!
It’s well-maintained and the perfect place to spend a day in the sun.
There are plenty of beach chairs, bali beds & umbrellas for guests to use.
And if you get thirsty, there’s a beachside bar where the bartenders will always make sure your glass is full.
7. Food & Drinks
You’re spoiled for choice when it comes to food & drink at Azul Beach Resort.
So you’ll definitely be able to find something that you’ll love.
Your restaurant options include:
- Le Chique | Avant-Garde Cuisine
- Spoon | World Cuisine
- Tapaz | International Cuisine
- Siena | Italian Cuisine
- Zavas | Caribbean Cuisine
- Zocalo | Mexican Cuisine
- BBQ Grill
- Pizza Pizza!
And when you’re in the mood for a cocktail, you have 8 more options!
- Mojito Lounge
- Zavas Lounge
- Zavas Swim Up Bar
- Cantina Zocalo
- Zocalo Swim-Up Deck
- Waves Swim-Up Bar
- Waves Lounge & Shisha Bar
- Beach Bar
8. Activities & Entertainment
Azul Beach Resort offers plenty of activities & entertainment options for guests.
There’s something for everyone!
Here are just a few things that you can do…
- Unwind at Vassa Spa
- Stay fit at their 24-hour health club
- Beach volleyball
- Latin dance classes
- Cocktail making
- Live music
- Authentic Mexican performances
And so much more!
9. What Brides & Grooms Said...
“Azul Beach Resort Riviera Cancun was exactly as we expected for the amount of people spending the week with us, we had 40 people in our group and the resort was more than big enough for all of us to have our own space.
I would say we had a great trip and a great wedding with some great people. If there is one thing that we could say; although we liked the food, we felt like sometimes we ate the same things even at different restaurants. But that’s just our opinion. All of the people that work there bent over backwards to make sure you were happy, we witnessed a lot of people not tipping so we always made sure to tip extra. We did have a couple guests have issues with transportation back to the airport but they have reached out to our travel agent to get that problem addressed.” – Melissa G.
“We recently got married on the Sky Deck at Azul Beach Riviera Cancun and it was absolutely amazing!! Asley and the wedding planning team were very responsive and helpful throughout the entire process! They put together an amazing week and night for our family and friends that were able to make it. The resort itself was a great place to have a wedding and week of fun with family and friends.
Rooms were good, nothing crazy. The food was pretty good but nothing crazy, just very tough to get reservations with limited staff. The staff is very friendly and helpful, Antonio was a lot of fun in the Spoons restaurant and Roberto was always fun to see at the swim up bar near the Mexican restaurant, just to name a few. Can’t say enough about Asley and her team, thanks again for all the help and amazing service!” – Evan F.
10. Why We Like It
There’s a lot to love about Azul Beach Resort!
Alison and Nadiya 👏 from our team of planners shared their pros and cons…
Things we love:
- It’s a nice small resort, close to the airport (12 miles), with one building for adults-only too.
- The rooms are luxurious & the amenities are amazing.
- One of the best things about this resort is their awesome Sky deck for weddings, solid wedding team, and a variety of packages that are well priced.
But there are some negatives…
Things we don’t love:
It’s located in the Riviera Cancun area where the beach is defo not the best and the seaweed hits hard.
We normally recommend it for the Oct-April season to avoid the worst seaweed. (just FYI)
Have you been to Azul Beach Resort before? What did you think?
We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Need Help Planning?
Not sure if Azul Beach Resort is the place for you?
Our team can help you find the wedding venue of your dreams!
We’ll work with you to find the perfect resort that fits your budget & vision.
And since we’re local, we can get you the best deals & discounts!
Let’s start planning your dream day today!