So, Cancun for your destination wedding?
We got you.
I’ll cover the average cost of a wedding in Cancun…
PLUS you’ll see discover all-inclusive wedding packages (with prices) & expert tips for your big day! 🙌
Our team have planned 100’s of weddings here in Mexico…
You can trust this info is accurate & up-to-date!
Ready to get started?
Let’s dive in…
Average Cost of Cancun Wedding
1. What's the Average Cost of a Destination Wedding in Cancun?
On average, weddings in Cancun cost $5000 – $7000 USD for an all-inclusive wedding with 30-60 guests.
Your wedding in Mexico can cost anywhere from $0 (yes, free!) to $15,000 USD.
A ton of factors determine the cost of your destination wedding…
Number of guests is the main factor but airfare and resort accommodation affect it as well.
What do you get for $5000-7000?
Get details here 👉 all-inclusive Cancun wedding packages.
How Much Do Guests Pay for a Destination Wedding?
Guests will generally pay between $800 – $2000 USD per person to attend weddings.
2 factors affect how much guests pay:
- The destination you choose. (airfare)
- The report you choose. (cost of accommodation)
So, if your friend lives in Seattle, they’ll generally pay more to fly to Cancun than your girlfriend from Miami.
Also, some resorts are $450/night per person, others are $250/night per person.
You’ll want to take those 2 factors into account when choosing the destination and resort.
Explore all wedding resorts in Cancun here.
2. Is Cancun a Good Place to Get Married?
Cancun is one of the most popular destination wedding locations in the world!
It’s known for its white-sand beaches, crystal clear waters, and luxurious resorts.
Resorts weddings are very popular… and affordable.
Resort wedding packages typically include:
- Wedding venue options (garden, terrace, beach venues)
- Food and drink for guest
Essentials are covered! There are also wedding packages that cover more.
Weddings are executed by a team of on-site wedding coordinators. Smooth as butter.
Guests typically stay 3-5 days and don’t get it wrong; it’s a 3-5 day extravaganza! Family and friends hanging out by the pool drinking, and enjoying meals together.
New experiences bring people together. That’s what creates memories! So, destination weddings usually create memories filled with hilarious anecdotes people look back on.
Nothing like all-you-can-eat food and drink in paradise to bring people together!
Plus, there are a ton of activities for you & your guests to enjoy.
You can go scuba diving, snorkeling, zip-lining…or go explore the ancient ruins!
Simply put: Cancun is a beautiful place to get married.
It’s a quick and affordable flight for most of your guests too.
3. What's the Best Month to Get Married in Cancun?
Cancun is a tropical destination, so the weather is pretty consistent year-round.
That said there are better months. You’ll probably want to avoid rainy season which include September and October.
Busiest months to get marred in:
- December – April (holiday season)
- June – August (summer vacation)
If you’re looking for smaller crowds & lower prices, I’d recommend getting married in May or November.
4. What Do I Need to Get Married in Cancun, Mexico?
In order to get married in Mexico, you’ll need a few important documents.
Documents needed include:
- Your birth certificate
- Divorce decree (if applicable)
- Tourist ID that you’ll receive from customs at the airport
If you choose to have a civil ceremony in Cancun, there are some things to consider…
Requirements for a Civil Marriage in Cancun:
- You’ll need to file for a marriage license at the Civil Registry Office
- Documents will be in Spanish so you’ll need to get them translated at home
- The civil ceremony will be in Spanish
- You’ll need to arrive 3 business days before your wedding date
- You need 4 witnesses to arrive 2 days prior (but most resorts provide them!)
- Blood tests after arrival
A popular option for couples is to have a symbolic ceremony in Cancun, and a legal ceremony in their home state.
Dealing with legal paperwork in a foreign country can be stressful, so this is definitely a hassle-free option!
Have any questions?
Let me know in the comments & I’ll be happy to help you!
5. Best Cancun Wedding Packages (All-Inclusive)
If you’re looking for a wedding package in Cancun, there are a few things to keep in mind…
- Not all packages are created equal – services varry.
- The cost of your package depends on the number of guests.
- The best packages include accommodations, and all meals & drinks.
If you’re looking for a hassle-free wedding experience, I’d recommend choosing an all-inclusive package.
And don’t you worry, I’ve got some incredible examples coming up.
Check out our full list of Cancun Wedding Packages or check out some popular ones below..
1. Cancun Wedding Packages for 30 Guests
Seaside Bliss by Sandos Cancun
This package at Sandos Cancun starts at $5,750 USD for 30 guests.
Additional guests cost $89 per person.
Your ceremony & reception includes:
- Symbolic ceremony
- Ceremony setup as per resort location
- Government beach permit
- 3 medium-sized flower medallions
- Rose petals for the aisle during the ceremony (1 bag)
- Sound system and microphone during the ceremony
- 1 bouquet and 1 boutonnière, or 2 bouquets, or 2 boutonnière
- Private cocktail with open bar & appetizers (1 hour)
- Private dinner reception with open bar (3 hours)
- Basic setup & ambient lighting
- Sparkling wine for the wedding toast
- 3 tier custom made wedding cake
- 3 centerpieces
- DJ, light, and sound during dinner (3 hours)
Plus, you get incredible benefits like…
- Wedding organization & personalized service from a coordinator
- 1 makeup & hairstyle session at the Salon
- Couple’s massage at the spa (50 minutes)
- Complimentary honeymoon amenities
- Up to $2000 off your wedding package (based on the number of rooms booked)
Why We Like It:
- They only host 1 wedding per day, so you don’t have to worry about scheduling conflicts!
- You have a guaranteed room upgrade to a suite as the wedding couple.
- You also get a menu tasting 3 days prior to your wedding, and 4 different menu options!
Talk about variety!
2. Cancun Wedding Packages for 50 Guests
Indulgence by Hotel Riu Cancun
This package is best for couples looking for a lavish & elegant celebration.
Prices start at $8,599 for 50 guests.
The package includes:
- Upgraded decoration & music
- Hair, makeup, mani & pedi for the bride
- Bridal bouquet with matching boutonniere
- Minister for the symbolic ceremony
- Wedding cake & sparkling wine toast
- Private cocktail & 45 minutes of live music
- 4-hour private reception with a special menu, open bar, DJ & lighting set up
- Romantic room decoration and a surprise gift
- Room upgrade & late checkout
- Wedding night turndown service with chocolate-covered fruit & wine
- $200 photo session credit
- Newlyweds breakfast in bed
- Complimentary 1 night stay for 1st anniversary
- Romantic dinner with special setup and decor
- 10% discount at the spa for couple & guests
- 50-minute couples massage
Why We Like It:
- This package is the perfect choice if you want everything taken care of
- All you have to do is show up and celebrate your love!
Can it get any better than that?
3. Cancun Wedding Packages for 100 Guests
Beyond Memorable by Dreams Riviera Cancun
Prices start at $11,999 USD for 80 – 100 guests at the Dreams Riviera Cancun.
With this package, you’ll get:
- Wedding organization & an on-site wedding coordinator
- Preparation of your wedding day attire
- Private symbolic ceremony
- Beach pergola or wedding gazebo drapery
- White-linen covered chairs for guests
- Shoe check station provided for beach ceremonies
- Bouquet(s) and/or boutonniere(s) for the wedding couple
- Welcome cocktail party (1 hour private event)
- Rehearsal dinner (2 hour event)
- Wedding reception (3 hour private event)
- Sweetheart table for the couple with upgraded linens and seating for 2
- Buffet with a variety of cuisine options
- Private bar w/ bartender
- Dessert station & your choice of wedding cake
- Romantic breakfast in bed with mimosas the day after the wedding
- Sparkling wine & fresh fruit for the wedding couple & their parents upon arrival (up to 3 rooms)
- Complimentary room for 1 member of the wedding couple the night before the wedding
- Romantic turndown service the night of the wedding
- Late checkout for the wedding couple (until 3PM)
- Every 5th room free (up to 10 complimentary rooms)
- 1 complimentary upgrade for every 10 paid rooms
And that’s not all…
You also get benefits like:
- Sound system with speaker & mic
- 20% discount on spa treatments for the wedding couple and their parents (up to 6 people)
- Complimentary access to the spa’s hydrotherapy areas for the couple & their parents on 1 day of stay
- Free anniversary nights
- $100 in resort coupons per guest
- Private group check-in
Get our full list of Cancun Wedding Packages here.
Why We Like It:
- Their grand wedding package offers everything you could possibly want
- The benefits you get with your wedding are incredible!
- Truly a great value for your money
Can You Elope in Cancun?
Yes, you can definitely elope in Cancun!
In fact, many couples choose to elope here because it’s such a beautiful destination.
How Much Does it Cost to Elope in Mexico?
Eloping generally costs between $1000 – $2000 USD.
This cost includes all the essentials like:
- ceremony coordination
- marriage certificate & more.
If you’re looking for a more intimate & budget-friendly option, eloping is definitely the way to go!
Resorts like Hard Rock, Panama Jack, and Royalton Riviera offer awesome all-inclusive elopement packages!
6. Need Help Planning?
Finding the perfect resort and wedding package can be a tough decision.
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our experienced wedding planners have organized 100’s of destination weddings at ParadiseWeddings.com.
You’ll be teamed up to find a gorgeous venue and the right package to make your dream wedding come to life.
Get in touch today by calling us at 877-737-0177.
Or send us an email at [email protected]!
Best wishes on your planning journey!