Is Finest Playa Mujeres your dream wedding resort?
It might be!
Once you see the stunning wedding venues and restaurants, this resort seems to have it all.
But is it really THE resort for your wedding?
Our wedding planners have helped 100’s of couples plan their destination weddings here in Mexico…
So here’s our honest review with everything you need to know!
Ready to see what Finest Playa Mujeres has to offer?
Let’s get started…
Finest Playa Mujeres Wedding Review
1. Hotel Overview
★★★★★ | FAMILY-FRIENDLY | ALL-INCLUSIVE | CANCUN
Finest Playa Mujeres is one of the most popular resorts for destination weddings in Mexico.
It’s easy to see why!
This luxurious resort is located on the beautiful white sand beaches of Cancun.
It’s all-inclusive, family-friendly, and has a ton of activities & entertainment options for guests of all ages.
And their affordable wedding packages are just the icing on the cake…
2. Wedding Packages
1. Excellence Wedding Package
This package starts at $850 for 10 guests staying at the hotel.
It can also be free if you book an Excellence Club or Finest Club suite category for a minimum of 6 nights or 30 paid room nights.
- Minister or judge services
- On-site assistance by our wedding coordinators
- Beach venue or gazebo overlooking the Caribbean Sea
- Standard ceremony décor (white avant-garde chairs & high tables with white fabric)
- Bridal bouquet & groom’s boutonnière
- Wedding cake
- Sparkling wine toast
- Preparation & ironing of bride & groom’s attire
- Complimentary suite for the groom the night before the wedding
- Special turndown service for the wedding night
- Preferential suite location within the category reserved
- Late check-out for the bride & groom
- 5 digital full-color photos of the ceremony
- 15% discount on all spa treatments
- Honeymoon package
2. Excellence of Love
This wedding package starts at $1,500 for 20 guests staying at the hotel.
It includes everything in the Excellence package and more.
- Upgraded floral bouquet and boutonnière (Love Level)
- 4 boutonnières or corsages for the wedding party (Love Level)
- 1-hour cocktail party w/ hors d’oeuvres
- Love Level private reception (w/ standard white set-up)
- Natural floral centrepiece for the head wedding table during dinner
- 20 digital full-color photos (during the ceremony)
- Bride’s hairstyling for the ceremony
- Bride’s makeup application
3. Gold Excellence
This package is priced at $2,400 for 20 guests staying at the hotel.
It has everything from the previous packages, plus entertainment options!
- Additional decoration for your ceremony
- Upgraded floral bridal bouquet & groom’s boutonnière (Gold Level)
- Upgraded boutonnières or corsages for the wedding party (Gold Level)
- Romantic or Caribbean music trio (45 min)
- Gold Level private reception (with standard white set-up)
- 15-min video of the ceremony
- Duet Balance Massage for the bride & groom (50 min)
3. Ceremony & Reception Venues
Finest Playa Mujeres has 6 wedding venues to choose from.
From intimate beach ceremonies to grand ballroom receptions, they have it all!
1. The Beach
This is a popular choice for couples who want a romantic & intimate ceremony.
Plus, the views of the Caribbean Sea are absolutely stunning!
2. Stone Gazebo
If you’re looking for something a little more unique, this is a great option.
It’s located just off the beach with beautiful views & decor to leave your guests in awe.
3. The Grand Palapa
This is a traditional thatched-roof palapa located on the beach.
It has space for up to 150 guests and is a popular choice for receptions.
4. Sky Bar Terrace
For couples who want an unforgettable reception with a view, the Sky Bar Terrace is the perfect choice.
It’s located on the top floor of the resort with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea.
5. Las Dunas Beach House
This is a beautiful beachfront venue.
It’s a great choice for couples who want an elegant & intimate reception.
6. Convention Center
The Convention Center is a great option for couples who want a more traditional reception.
If you’re planning a large & luxurious wedding, this venue is perfect!
4. Gay Weddings
Finest Playa Mujeres is a proud supporter of gay marriages!
They offer all of the same services & amenities to same-sex couples as they do to heterosexual couples.
Couples usually have a symbolic ceremony since legal paperwork is easier to do at home.
If you’re interested in getting legally married, give us a call!
We’ll guide you through the extra steps & paperwork.
5. Room Types
The resort has a variety of room types!
All suites start at 800 sqft with spacious private terraces & modern interiors.
1. Finest Suites
The Finest suites start at $351 per night and include a variety of room types.
- Junior Suite Spa or Pool View (4 guests)
- Junior Suite w/ Private Pool (4 guests)
- Family Suite (5 guests)
- Junior Swim-Up Suite (4 guests)
- 2-Storey Rooftop Terrace Suite w/ Plunge Pool (4 guests)
- Pool Family Suite (5 guests)
All suites include amenities like an oversized jacuzzi, 24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi and more!
2. Finest Club Suites
The Finest Club suites are for all ages and start at $420 per night.
These are a step up from the Finest Suites & offer access to members-only lounges & beaches!
- Junior Suite Pool View (4 guests)
- Junior Suite Ocean View (4 guests)
- 2-Storey Rooftop Pool Terrace Suite w/ Plunge Pool (4 guests)
- Junior Swim-Up Suite (4 guests)
- Finest Club Family Suite (5 guests)
- Imperial Suite w/ Private Pool (4 guests)
- Imperial Suite 2-Story Rooftop Terrace w/ Plunge Pool (4 guests)
3. Excellence Club Suites
These suites are adults-only and offer elevated luxury for couples looking for a romantic escape.
With an Excellence Club suite, you’ll also get access to members-only lounge areas & beaches.
Prices start at $399/night.
Room types include:
- Excellence Club Junior Suite Pool View
- Junior Suite Ocean View
- Junior Swim-Up Suite
- 2-Storey Rooftop Terrace Suite w/ Plunge Pool
- Imperial Suite 2-Story Rooftop Terrace w/ Plunge Pool
- Imperial Suite w/ Private Pool
The resort has a beautiful, private beach that’s perfect for couples looking to escape the crowds.
You’ll find plenty of sun loungers & umbrellas to relax under, as well as a swim-up bar & pool.
If you’re feeling active, there are also plenty of beach activities to enjoy!
From volleyball to kayaking, you’ll find something to suit your needs.
7. Food & Drink
The resort has 13 restaurants & 12 bars, so you’ll never go hungry or thirsty!
There’s a wide variety of cuisines to choose from, including Mexican, Italian, Japanese, and more.
Restaurant options include:
- The Market Kitchen
- Brass Steakhouse
- Duke’s Lobster & Seafood
- Insieme Trattoria
- Tinto & Tapas
- Le Petit Plaisir
- Surf & Turf
- Las Dunas Beach House
- Seaside Restaurant
Plus, all of the restaurants are open to all guests, so you can try something new every day of your stay.
No reservations necessary!
As for drinks, you have 12 bars & lounges to choose from.
Your options include:
- Golden Bar
- The Sweet Corner
- Aqua Bar I
- Aqua Bar II
- Las Dunas Beach House
- Piano Bar
- Cigar Lounge
- El Teatro Spirits & More
- El Teatro Tequilas & Mezcals
- Tropical Juice Bar
- Sky Bar
- Central Plaza
And if you book a suite in 1 of their 2 private club categories, you get access to:
- Excellence Club Lounge
- Excellence Club Seaside Bar
- Finest Club Lounge
8. Activities & Entertainment
In addition to the beach activities, there are plenty of other activities to keep you entertained.
There are several pools (including a lazy river), a kids club & lounge, a spa, fitness center and more.
For couples looking for a romantic night out, you have a variety of entertainment options.
You can choose from:
- Live music
- Dance classes
- Cooking classes
And much more!
9. What Brides & Grooms Said...
“Great all inclusive resort. Family friendly but with adults only activities and restaurants. Lots of variety and options. Restaurants were surprisingly high quality with fantastic service and staff. Beachfront cabanas, water activities and wait service for cocktails and food were all fantastic. Andres, Alex and Sergio at Dommo are especially knowledgeable and friendly. Great service all around. – Bill S.
“Last week I had my wedding at this resort and it was beyond my expectations! Itze Barrera, my wedding coordinator did a great job managing everything and making sure I get anything I want for my special day. I would definitely recommend this resort for wedding or vacation with family and friends.
Lancelot, Carlos, and Brayan also pulled such. Great show by the pool and everyday! We had so much fun with them!
Food was amazing and there were lots happening at this resort! What are you waiting for? Just book your vacation! Such a beautiful and modern resort!” – Yalda M.
10. Why We Like It
Here’s what our wedding planners had to say:
Things we love:
- The rooms are beautiful.
- the food is high quality.
- There’s so much to do.
- Gorgeous wedding venues and boho vibe on the beach.
- Wedding packages are really affordable too.
However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind…
Things we don’t love:
- This is a large resort with over 400 rooms, so it can feel crowded at times.
- It’s located in a remote area, so getting around can be difficult with pricey taxis.
- It can be challenging to get a wedding date. They book up quickly!
- Rooms are expensive compared to similar resorts!
Overall, this is a great choice for couples looking for a beautiful, all-inclusive beach resort with plenty of activities.
Need Help Planning?
Not sure if Finest Playa Mujeres is the right resort for you?
Our experienced planners at ParadiseWeddings.com can help you find the perfect venue that fits your budget & vision.
We’re local to the resort and can get you the best deals & discounts!
Let’s start planning your dream day today!